2. Baddha Konasana (bound angle pose)
• Sit on the floor without slouching and bring the soles of the feet together in front of you, hands holding the feet or ankles.
• If you’re comfortable and able to sit without rounding the lower back, bring the feet as close as you can toward the groin.
• Inhale and lengthen the spine.
• Exhale and bend forward from the hips, keeping the spine long. Breathe in and out as you feel your muscles relaxing.
Make it easier: If sitting in this pose is challenge enough, skip the forward bend. Sitting on a blanket or cushion can help tight bodies open up.