3. Upavistha Konasana (wide-angle seated forward bend)
• Sit upright on the floor, without slouching.
• Extend the legs in front of you in a vee, placing hands behind the buttocks for balance. Only go so wide as is comfortable.
• Inhale and lengthen the spine, ensuring the lower back isn’t rounding.
• Exhale and bend forward from the hips, with hands in front of you. Focus on the breath as you lengthen the spine with every inhale and relax forward with every exhale.
Make it easier: If sitting in this pose is challenge enough, skip the forward bend and keep the hands behind the buttocks; focus on sitting up without rounding the back. Try sitting on a cushion or folded blanket, or bending the knees and placing support under them.